Well that’s that then. The kids are now officially off for Christmas and there are no more early mornings for me for a whole month. Woohoo! They had a lovely end of term carol service, which, even for a total heathen such as myself, was rather enjoyable. Slightly ruined, I have to say, by that whole ‘stand up, sit down’ thing that you have to do after every hymn and for the readings and all that. I began to feel like I was taking part in a particularly shambolic attempt at the Mexican wave. Still, I got to belt out ‘Oh Come All Ye Faithful’, and snigger at the very shrill lady singing behind me. There was an awkward moment when we all stumbled over the words to one of the carols when there was a typo in the hymn sheet, but we rallied well and it all turned out okay in the end. Phew.
The school laid on fantastic mince pies and a particularly evil brew of mulled wine made by the science teacher (say no more). #1 did worry that he was going to try and turn us all into frogs just in time for Christmas, but I’m pleased to say I suffered no ill effects, well, unless you count very clovey hiccups.
So I was thinking, in between hiccups, on the way home, that I haven’t done a mad fantasy Christmas list yet. Everyone should do one, just in case they fall hopelessly in love with a millionaire (sorry babe, but you never know xx). Here goes then, oh and remember, don’t write in, it’s just for fun:
1. A pink KitchenAid blender (okay, so I know it’s on every birthday and Christmas list I do, but I really really want one)
2. Scented candles (again – Dyptique or Jo Malone would be fab, but hey, anything’s a bonus)
3. Pink champagne!! Oh and those beautiful new red John Rocha glasses for Waterford Crystal to sip it from.
4. More cookery books: Bill Granger’s ‘Holiday’, ‘Eating for England: The Delights and Eccentricities of the British at Table’ by Nigel Slater (I love Nige), Jamie Oliver’s ‘Jamie at Home’, James Martin’s ‘Desserts’, Ina Garten’s ‘The Barefoot Contessa at Home’ ohhh the list is endless.
5. A blank cheque to run around Agent Provocateur with.
6. Oh and don’t get me started on cosmetics…MAC make-up, Clarins yummy creams, Kerastase hair products, yada yada
7. Jimmy Choos!
8. I still want my Land Rover Discovery 3, but could be talked into the monster that is the new Audi Q7, or a new Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10 (woohoo!)
9. Ooh, and what about clothes – a beautiful Karen Millen black riding coat, some fahbilis new jeans (Rock & Republic please), cashmere….
10. I think that’s it. Greedy? Moi?